Subject: Re: [Leica] M3 for trade
From: "Craig Roberts" <croberts@zoomtel.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 15:15:43 -0400

Hey y'all...

I'd like to trade my nifty M3 for a keen M2 in similar condition.  I really
prefer the 35/50/90 viewfinder to the 50/90/135.  Here's the scoop on the
M3:

My M3 is serial #834xxx, but converted to single-stroke (see below).  The
cosmetic condition is exc + with slight  scuffing on the top plate (meter
marks) and the usual strap abrasions.  There is no brassing anywhere.  The
Vulcanite is 100% intact and pliable. The bottom plate, however, is quite
scuffed (but not dented).  I would be willing to keep it if yours is in
better condition.

The rangefinder is perfect...as new.  The camera was thoroughly serviced by
Sherry Krauter six WEEKS ago (I will provide receipt).  Besides the CLA, she
replaced the worn dual-stroke winding mechanism (converting it to single
stroke) with all new parts.  The new components included the winding lever
itself and the frame counter.  Mechanically and optically this camera is
faultless.

In short, this is a beautiful camera.  Its only drawback...for me...is its
lack of 35mm frame lines.   In a perfect world, I'd have both an M2 and M3
but, for the moment anyway, that's not feasible.

Craig
Boston

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: The quintessence of Leica photography? - Longresponse -)