Subject: Re: [Leica] Dial $ for Leica
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 13:23:33 -0400

> I was curious to know which M series camera is both affordable and highly
> available in user condition. I want to know if I can get an M-series in
> beaten up condition rather cheaply or am I just dreaming.
>
> I look at the slower lenses and think that somewhere out there is a body.
> Obviously with Ebay and Dealers only the best examples get chosen, so what
> happens to all the other lenses and cameras that had a hard working life.

It seems to me that the number of older M's advertised for sale in the past
two years has declined substantially which can only mean that they have
become even more desirable and people are buying them. In the past year I
have bought two user M's, an M2 for $625 from Tamarkin and a M3 from
LeCamera for $700. I sent each camera out for a CLA which cost less than
$200 each. Both of these cameras are now cosmetically 'users' but
mechanically very sound. I think by keeping your eyes open you can find a
good M2,3,4,4-2,4-P at a reasonable price.

Steve
Annapolis

http://www.streetphoto.net