Subject: [Leica] The quintessence of Leica photography?
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 22:18:59 -0400

Mark Bergman wrote:

"My analogy is good wine.  I like beer.  Cold is better. Adams is better
than
Budweiser is better than Busch."

Mark, surely you jest and meant to write "Adnams." Cask conditioned and
served at cellar temperature of course. :)

Here's my analogy:

Lite beer = disc film or 110, being generous
Average American beer, even if you freeze the heck out of the stuff =
APS
Premium American beer, at best  = C****, N****
Leica = quality beers from Belgium (not Jupiler), the UK (not Bass),
Ireland, Germany (not Eichbaum), or the Czech Republic.

Simon Stevens