Subject: RE: [Leica] digital quality
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 13:18:59 -0700

>From: MIKIRO [mailto:arbos@mac.com]

>What I miss in digital printing is grains!  How many pixels are
>required for visualising each grain?

On my Polaroid at 4000 ppi I can see the grain in a Supra 400 neg, but it's
not clearly defined.  For clean grain definition on this film I'd bet 6000
ppi would do it (time for an Imacon!).  Of course, if all you want is grain
I'd bet there's a Photoshop trick or two that would give you all you'd ever
need :-)

Paul

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] digital quality)