Subject: [Leica] Advice for anyone planning to drive during your Boston Stay
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 10:40:31 -0400

DON'T!!!

1. Boston streets are laid out along former cow paths - they twist, they
turn, they go from one way north or east to one way south or west in an
instant...with no warning;

2. The Big Dig, which involves ripping apart downdown's major arteries and
burying them underground, is more than $10 billion along, and YEARS away
from completion....So driving is far more difficult than it has ever been;

3. The street signs were designed and placed by a mental defective;

4. There are a few simple rules for driving in Boston -
	a. Green means go
	b. Yellow means go fast
	c. Red means go like hell and signal with your middle finger

	d. When planning to make a left hand turn from a three lane road,
	drive in the far right hand lane until the instant before you make	the
turn, then, without signaling, at the last instant swerve left 	across all
three lanes of traffic - any other driving tactic will 	result in your being
charged with a felony.

	e. When planning to make a right hand turn.....(see above and 	reverse)

See you all in October!

B. D.

Replies: Reply from "Craig Roberts" <croberts@zoomtel.com> (Re: [Leica] Advice for anyone planning to drive during your Boston Stay)