Subject: RE: [Leica] digital quality
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 09:26:08 -0400

> I think some points are clear:  scientific research shows that there is
more
> information in the silver than in the digital picture.

This is not clear.  It depends on whether you are talking about film or
paper, and what you mean by 'information'.  I agree, that currently, film
has a higher 'information density' than CCDs (per unit area).

As far as B&W printing goes, you can print a wider range of tones, and more
tones, with a Piezo printer than you can with photographic paper.  At least
that's the claim of the Piezography B&W printing system...