Subject: Re: [Leica] Exposing Tri-X at 320
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 13:15:43 -0700

BOB KRAMER wrote:

> That's my understanding as well.  Overdeveloping increases contrast.  That's
> why I rate tri-x at 200 and underdevelop.  To reduce contrast (and to get
> more shadow detail).  Works great!
>
> Bob Kramer

Overdeveloping increases contrast but you don't need to also overexpose.
As a matter of fact you'd have more contrast if you UNDEREXPOSED and overdeveloped.
They call it "Pushing."
I call it unerexposeing and overdeveloping.
DEVELOP FOR THE HIGHLIGHTS AND EXPOSE FOR THE SHADOWS.
The highlights are those black areas of the neg.
The shadows are the thin, almost clear areas of the neg.
Mark Rabiner