Subject: RE: [Leica] Exposing Tri-X at 320
From: Peterson Arthur G NSSC <PetersonAG@NAVSEA.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 10:05:30 -0400

Just a quick question from an ignoramus who doesn't develop his own stuff.
You say that overexposing and underdeveloping increases contrast.

I had long understood that underexposing and overdeveloping increases
contrast.  And somewhere, somehow (I can't recall and can't explain it), I
had gotten the impression that, conversely, overexposing and underdeveloping
rather decreases contrast.  Did you misstate this, or has my impression just
plain been wrong?

Thanks in advance for the answer,

Art Peterson