Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 or R7
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 21:31:56 +1000

I have an R8 and R6.2.  They're both delightful to use, but whenever I'm
after pictures that count its the R8 I use.  It has a much better mirror
pre release system, better flash systems and the ergo control layout is
better.  But I really do enjoy using the 6.2 on those occasions it gets
a run.  It and the R7 are quite small; the R8 fills ones hands better.
If using an R8, always carry a spare set of CR2 batteries, in the
battery holder if using a winder or motor.  The R6.2 has the advantage
in this sense - its manualness is what makes it so wantable.

regards

Rick Dykstra