Subject: [Leica] Re: how to clean a lens
From: "Miro Jurcevic" <miroj@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 11:29:32 +1000

I was buying some old (Nikkor) lenses in good condition. The man handed over
a 300mm with a slight internal haze Upon seeing the haze he proceeded to
take out his well used handkerchief, dipped it in his mouth and gave the
front element a good rub down. The technician told me that the lense had
scratches on the front ...... I wonder why.

Miro