Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Diffraction limited lenses
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 16:35:40 -0700

At 4:38 PM -0400 7/24/00, Disfromage@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 7/24/00 3:29:21 PM, Jim Brick wrote:
>
><<Aaarg... anybody remember T stop plates?
>>>

>Jim,
>
>I do!  I have a beautiful brass barrel large format lens with them
>(Waterhouse stops?) If it's focal length wasn't about twice the length of my
>bellows I could be Sally Mann.
>
>Richard Wasserman

Waterhouse stops predated any continuously variable bladed system. This was
from the age where 'automation' consisted of yelling to the guy at the
front of the camera: "Hey, drop in the f/32 stop and check for air leaks in
the shutter!" while you were busy at the back (in the dark) coating the
plate.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com