Subject: Re: [Leica] elmar with sticky aperture
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 17:53:08 +0200

David,

Everything can be fixed, but the question is, is it worth it? The Elmar is
very common and is not expensive. If you really want one, any of the usual
second-hand Leica dealers can provide you with one for a couple of hundred
$. So unless you want to do your friend a favor by taking the lens off his
hands, I would not bother.

Nathan

David Binder wrote:

> I have an opportunity to buy a friend's Elmar f 5/3.5 serial 941XXX for
> my leica IIIa. The glass is pretty good, but the aperture adjustment is
> stiff enough to breaks my fingernails. Can the aperture be fixed to
> operate smoothly and easily? Thanks for any advice.
>
> -David Binder

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland