Subject: RE: [Leica] Making a back to back lens coupler
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 20:49:31 -0700

Dennis,

I've made a couple of these couplers, and they really facilitate quick lens
changing. But I don't use glue, I use gaffer tape or duct tape (they're not
the same thing)to fasten them together. The plastic Leica uses to make the
end caps is pretty soft, and after a while the threads that hold the cap
onto the lens get worn out and can cause the lens to fall off when you're
changing it. Using tape, I just buy a new end cap (wincing at the price) and
tape it to the good one. Using expoxy or some other kind of adhesive would
make the pair a bit too permanent of a match, and force me to toss the whole
unit when only one of the caps is shot. I've never had the tape fail on one
of these, either.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.