Subject: Re: [Leica] Mike Johnston, Bokeh, Pentax
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 11:28:55 -0700

><Snip>
> Zen is a point you pass, if not you necessarily reach, in all genres of
> human activities.  A very good example in photography is HCB.  You may want
> to read "Henri Cartier-Bresson and the Artless Art" by Jean-Pierre Montier.
>
> >Pentax satisfies all the parameters for me. Lenses that have what I look
> >for, a certain thoroughgoing "plainness" or lack of exoticism, and
> >they're a mainstream expression of the style of cameras common in my
> >youth.
>
> Luggers can just replace "Pentax" for "Leica", ...  Et voila! ;-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> NO ARCHIVE
>
> MIKIRO

Except HCB uses a Contax TV autofocus zoom instead of a Pentax and that's when
he's not sketching with a pencil.
No one can compete with that level of regressioni! (HCB Rules)
Most of my photographer friends who are mostly the typical high tech think I've
regressed enough shooting a Leica M6 with a cloth shutter and a sync speed of
1/50 and no autofocus. If I regressed any more I'd be swinging from the trees
with a Bananaflex!
Mark Rabiner