Subject: Re: [Leica] Brighter screen for the R8.
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 21:15:29 +1000

Lucien wrote:

> Rick Dykstra wrote:
> >
> > Lucien wrote:
>
> > > Is there a brighter screen for the R8 (not the Brightscreen).
> > > One which don't darken with f4 lenses ?
>
> > Why not try the plain ground glass screen?  As it doesn't have the
> > central focussing aids, it doesn't suffer from differential darkening.
>
> Rick,
>
> That's great with a tele, but not with a wide angle.
>
> Lucien

Hi Lucien,

Widest I've gone with the plain screen is 24mm/2.8 R.  It's OK with
that.  What are you seeing with slower or wider lenses and the plain screen?

Curious

Rick Dykstra

Message from Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au> (Re: [Leica] Brighter screen for the R8.)
Message from Lucien <director@ubi.edu> (Re: [Leica] Brighter screen for the R8.)