Subject: Re: [Leica] Political Correctness
From: levi@influxpoint.com
Date: 18 Jul 2000 22:22:21 -0700

<snip>To make the project
> more acceptable it was suggested that I involve the families in the project
> by (a) giving them a camera and letting them photograph their own lives (b)
> getting them to write comments about the photographs.
<snip>

Tina,
Anyone who's been on this list the past years, or weeks understands the respect surrounding both yourself and your work, in all matters. Are you PC? or not?  This question is altogether irrelevant and illogical.  It's purely thin air.
The PC zombies are completely blinded by 'rights' and 'equality' and 'relativity' to the extent that everything falls on one side without any cognition whatsoever. Your subjects are 'underprivileged' and therefore you 'must' be something like an opposite. They are the poor being documented...you are the photographer...This is ignorance of the highest order. It's actually dangerous.

Who's 'right' then? The heresy is that you are both right and both wrong and that it's relative. NONSENSE. It is clear that you are  right and they are fools (yes, fools - no need for yeah buts, we are familiar with them). These are the same people who are giving noble peace prizes to terrorists.  For Same kind of logic.

 Your work is pure and professional. Are you taking sides? Blaming 1st world for the 3rd world?  Documentation doesn't need this! Apparently the snotty curators like to search for anything they can...and thereby 'enlighten' themselves.

It should be very easy for you to 'correct' anything and continue with your project(s) in dignity, as you had intended.

- -levi