Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Darkroom User Group (DUG)
From: Bill Satterfield <cwsat@cyberhighway.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 11:06:02 -0500

OK, thanks. Here goes:

I have a Beseler 45 MXT with Zone VI cold light head. I just bought a 35 mm
negatran negative carrier. When you insert it or remove it, it catches and you
have to lift the head a little to get it out. The instructions do not allow
for any adjustments to make this  slot wider. Is there a solution? Will it
harm the enlarger or the negatran if I continue to use and not lift the head?

Also, I have trouble getting the easel squared, the negative squared and the
paper squared so that the print will be squared on the paper. I know it is a
visual exercise but it is bothersome.

Also, on the negatran, I insert the negative upside down so it will be right
side up when projected on the paper. This leaves a space at top of the
negative that will print black. I have to mask it with a easel blade. It will
not do this if you project the image upside down. Is this normal?

I am in the process of learning and do not have a mentor that can show me the
basics.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Darkroom User Group (DUG))