Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W film development question
From: John Hicks <jbh@magicnet.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 22:08:18 -0400

  Shoot a series of a grey card or Wallace Expo/Disc, beginning at two
stops less than your grey card reading, going down three stops in 1/2 stop
increments. Have the lab read the negs and look for the frame that gives
.10 density units above film base & fog. If that's two stops down from your
beginning exposure you're all set; if it's only a stop down then you need
to shoot an EI 400 film at EI 200, while otoh if it's three stops down
(unlikely) you'd need to shoot it at EI 800. Interpolate as needed.
  I'm suggesting using the classic EI test as EI being the exposure that
produces .10 DU above fb&f for Zone I; you may prefer more or less exposure.
  That's about all you can do; the lab's developing will determine contrast.

John Hicks

jbh@magicnet.net

Replies: Reply from "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com> ([Leica] Off Topic Question)