Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V17 #256
From: LRZeitlin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 14:06:39 EDT

In a message dated 7/17/00 3:06:32 AM,
owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us writes:

<< im new...who is sherry and dag? >>

I don't know much about DAG but Sherry Krauter is a very nice lady with a
feisty personality who lives in the Orange County boondocks about 70 miles
outside NYC. She apprenticed at Leitz, USA and eventually became an
instructor in camera repair for Leica, even teaching them how to fix cameras
in Europe. I consider her one of the best Leica repair persons in the
country. She repairs and reconditions all Leica cameras and lenses, putting
them in "as new" condition. Her work is superb - but not for cheapskates. I
recently had two M3s CLAd and haze removed from two lenses, and the bill,
with necessary replacement parts came to about $600. Currently her backlog on
M series cameras is about three weeks. Earlier models get fitted in as time
allows. It would take 6 months to get a IIIF fixed. I wholeheartedly
recommend her.

LarryZ