Subject: [Leica] Red Scale Elmar Question
From: Mark Langer <mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 9:11:55 EDT

Does anyone know at what serial no. did the production of the red scale
elmar begin?  I've been told at 1,000,000, but I have come across a
bizarre hybrid numbered just above that.  It has the same chrome finish as
the red scale, but the body ring (with measurement of distance, not
D.O.F.) as the previous coated Elmar model.  Were there transition models
early in production?

Mark

Mark Langer

Email address: mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca