Subject: Re: [Leica] Leitz Pradolux RT300
From: Dennis Painter <dpainter@bigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 17:44:29 -0700

Chris Lee wrote:

> I can pick up this projector at a good price, but I'm not sure how good it
> is and nether is it in the current catalog.
>
> Has any one had experience with this model, and how does it perform image
> quality-wise? (i.e. brightness, temperature etc)
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Chris

Hi Chris,

I have never seen anything negative on the list about it. I have one and
it is bright, temperature at the film gate is low, and the quality is
fine for me but I don't have much to compare to (Kodak Carousels is all)

It is based on the old Telex projectors and I don't know if that is good
or bad, (probably good if you need it repaird). Leica installed their
optics, 90mm Colorplan f2/5. Use a fairly standard bulb.

Not sure when it was discontinued but has been quite awhile.

They seem to go for about $300 on eBay.

Hope this helps

Dennis