Subject: [Leica] <no subject>
From: "sam" <salex@idt.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 22:02:03 +0000

Don R wrote:
> Yep, Erwin is dead on the money and digital is for the lazy ones who don't
> want to get their fingers wet wringing the best out of a Leica negative.  If
> one is going to degrade the Leica image with the digital whizbangs, why not
> just buy and use the point and shoots while saving a lot of money at the same
> time?

In some ways I agree. However, the SCAN is the critical factor here, and a
poorly done  or low-quality scan would indeed transform the Leica image into
a mediocre (quality) print, no matter how much unsharp mask is used!
But a high-quality 16 bit drum scan done by an expert and tweaked in
Photoshop. . .well, then it gets a lot more interesting, IMO.

sam