Subject: Re: [Leica] Color neg studio film
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 14:56:47 -0700

><Snip>
> OTOH, no, I don't really find an advantage to the 160 even in that area.
> There might be some, but the difference between the 100 speed films and the
> 400/160 is apparent to me, but not the difference between the 160 and 400.
> So it's 100 or 400 for me.
>
> I'm sure that there are reasons to use the 160's, but I just haven't found
> them yet in my shooting.

It's like Agfa did a few years back with a matched system of films with the same
grain but in their case the saturation changed.
I've plowed into the Kodak site looking for literature as to it's resolution
differences but I can't find any.
It's like they don't want you to know.
They have a matched look film system.
Matched from 160 to 400
From medium format to 35mm.
VC for saturation like when the Fuji films came out and kicked every ones ass.
NC for "Naaaaaaa I don't like all that CRAZY saturation I like a normal picture
I can always punch it up in Photoshop".
Mark Rabiner
maybe the 160 is the 400 with a built in neutral density filter for your
convenience and at no extra cost! :)

Message from "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] Color neg studio film)
Message from "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] Color neg studio film)