Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V17 #252
From: "Tim Spragens" <t.spragens@cityweb.de>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 09:14:33 +0100

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> John Collier wrote:
> >
> > Yes, it is the number on the locking flange. The other numbers are
> > part numbers. The serial no. on my Winder M4-P is 16732.
> >
> > John Collier
>
> The more modern one says Leica Winder M on it.
> Mark Rabiner

Thanks Gents. This one is labelled Leica Winder M4-2, has s/n
11714. It doesn't have anything that would engage the shutter pin
that the M4-2 camera has. It does seem that the driving teeth
catch on the screws beneath (above?) the wheel they are
supposed to engage on the M4-2, causing it to hang on that body.
Contrary to John's it seems to work more frequently at lower
shutter speeds.

The M6 body doesn't have these screws featured on the older
body, so it seems that might be the body of choice If I ever trust
this thing to try making use of it. I may be able to shim it to work
on the older body.

Tim
- --
Tim Spragens