Subject: Re: [Leica] Rotring pencil
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 08:48:46 EDT

Hi Erwin,
You are back - bringing fresh air, as always!
Regarding the use of digital scanners and printers:
I have been persuaded by many on LUG to experiment with both and have been
very satisfied with the results  for general use. However, that satisfaction
cannot be maintained when one directly compares the results against a silver
print (although some of the digital results are very good). But, project a
Kodachrome slide and the value of a Leica lens becomes self-evident. I think
we all need, now and then, to get out the slide projector, turn down the
lights and revisit the beauty of projected images.

For me, the problem today is the speed of contemporary life. I am now 61 and
put in more hours and work harder than I ever have in the past. The appeal of
digital imaging is real under these conditions, especially if one just wants
to see the "results." It then becomes all too easy to accept compromises and
become used to them.
Bob Figlio