Subject: Re: [Leica] Resilvering
From: Dennis Painter <dpainter@bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 22:49:05 -0700

See below for a snip from the archives

Dennis

Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 10:36:21 EST
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Leica] Screw Mount Repairs

In a message dated 11/23/99 7:15:52 AM Eastern Standard Time,
drpuritz@li.net
writes:

<< Recently had the opportunity to have my Leica lllfBD range finder
fixed.
 Received the name of a gentlemen who only works on screw mount
 Leicas...very reliable, knowledgeable, responsive,...and reasonable.

 John Maddox at LJ Leica repair, Greenville, SC...864-297-6931.

 Elliot >>

John's done 2 of my screwmounts and I've recommended him to a local
camera
store who've used his services as well.  Great guy, great prices, great
work.
 John also re-silvers and recements separated beam-splitters on M2-M3
rangefinders, while other repairpeople say you need to replace the
entire
rangefinder with a later type for something like $500.  Worth keeping
his
number!

Message from Robert Jagitsch <robertj@powerlogix.com> ([Leica] Resilvering)