Subject: Re: [Leica] my M3 - lens dropped off!
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 22:40:58 -0500

>Horrors - just going out with my dogs, picked up the new (to me) M3, and the
>50 'cron dropped off onto our tile floor, clunk!  Hooray for lens hoods - it
>was bent and pushed back over the lens, but no damage to the lens, as far as
>I can tell.  There is no stiffness in working the aperture or focus rings -
>phew!  That is why I now have a Leica (tank).  Now, what happened - I must
>have pressed the lens disengage button and turned the lens at the same time,
>at some point earlier in the day - luckily it did not fall off on the
>concrete sidewalk - has anyone had a similar experience with the M3 or are
>all M's capable of this little trick - thanks Hugh Thompson

Hugh,

you might want to check the locking pin on the body to be sure it is
making a tight fit into your lens.  If it is loose or the spring is
not strong enough your lens can come loose with little or no
"provocation".  It is not a big deal to get it fixed if that is the
problem.
- --
Harrison McClary
http://www.mcclary.net