Subject: [Leica] RE: Re: Re: UV filter and 21mm ASPH lens - do they fit together?
From: "Rob Studdert" <audiob@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 09:49:22 +1000

On 13 Jul 2000, at 9:37, Austin Franklin wrote:

> How about putting the camera on a tripod and actually taking a picture?
>  How do you know some of the effect is not from the reflex viewfinder?  I
> would also take measurements of angles and distances etc. to include in my
> report, if you really wanted to make this more 'scientific'.
>
> I believe your 'test case' is not really significant to picture taking.
>  Not many people I know sit around and take pictures of  lamps fitted with small
> quarts halide globes, though I am sure that there are some people in the world
> who probably do.  Perhaps, if I worked for GE it would be a different story ;-)

I do actually shoot into point light sources regularly, I do use a waist level
finder to negate the problem with phantom flare artifacts produced by the
finder prism and I do find that filters add flare and I find that filters most often
produce the largest sized flare artifact. And each lens flares differently so
why measure? I prefer to just look through the finder :-)

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110