Subject: Re: [Leica] Airport X-rays and film inspection
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 09:44:35 -0700

"B. D. Colen" wrote:

> FYI - I haven't done this in a while, but I have found that taking the film
> out of the little canisters, and putting the cassetts in ziplock plastic
> bags, facilitates hand inspection.....<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hi B.D.
It's the simplest way to carry film to facilitate hand inspection.  One
still might not get a hand inspection because in some countries it works
like this:  Everything going on the plane is x-ray checked. If you don't
like it..............walk!  It comes back to the photographer's call and worry!

However, most countries are obliging and clear plastic zip lock freezer
bags are always the best bet.  If the photographer is one of these
people who always keeps film in the canisters even after exposure, here
is what you do.

A:  take all the film out of the canisters put in clear bags for carry on.

B: Put all empty canisters in your checked baggage and reload the film
back into canisters after arriving at final destination.  Is it a pain
in the ass?  You betcha, but then those of us who throw  the canisters
away to start with, never have this problem! ;-)  think about it.

ted