Subject: [Leica] why shoot black and white film?
From: Robert Appleby <robert.appleby@tin.it>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 10:43:44 +0200

Brougham wrote:

The main advantage I see is ease of development.  I can develop B&W
practically anywhere.  I need more equipment to do C41.
<<<

Sounds like you've got it backwards to me :) - you can have C41 anywhere,
it's BW that needs the extra equipment!
But I do believe that the BW at the same speed is better quality (lower
grain, etc) than the C41, although I never really shoot either very much.
Maybe that's no longer true with the new Kodak Portra/Supra?
Rob.
Robert Appleby
V. Bellentani 36
41100 MO