Subject: [Leica] LHSA M6 0.85 complaint
From: "Robert E. Woods" <woorob@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 23:41:27 GMT

I second all of Robert Jagitsch's complaints about how orders for the LHSA
M6 0.85 have been handled.  Like Robert, I joined the LHSA in order to
qualify to purchase the LHSA special model.  Like Robert, I assumed that the
only source for the LHSA special model was from LHSA itself.  Like Robert,
my check was cashed immediately, and now I have the privilege of waiting
months to receive my camera.  Like Robert, I would have much preferred to
place an order with a reputable dealer, using a credit card to confirm the
order but not paying for the camera until delivery.  And although I bought
the camera to use, nevertheless I believe its value has been diminished by
the after-the-fact decision to sell through dealers.

Frankly, this whole process leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  I certainly
feel like a chump, and I personally believe LHSA has misrepresented the
terms on which they offered these cameras.

Do others feel the same way?  If so, maybe we should contact LHSA or Leica
to express our concerns.

Bob Woods
St. Paul, Minnesota