Subject: [Leica] new leica rangefinder concepts
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 12:16:17 +0000

Greg Locke Wrote:

>Would not Leica rangefinders be more effective (and popular) if they have a
"variable" magnification so that the frame area for 90 and 135 lens
appeared larger in the viewfinder (thus making focusing more accurate
and
over all overall use easier)

Greg, I proposed this a month or two ago and got zero responses.  All
popular camera makers make a magnifier for the viewfinder--so the
principle works--just a matter of applying it or use magnification
instead of diopter ajustment.  It could be infinitely variable, since it
wouldn't affect the front framing or RF.  Then we could go to 21 or
maybe even 15 with same finder.  I would think Tom A would be the local
(LUG Global) authority on practicality of such.

donal
- --
Donal Philby
San Diego