Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:Contax to the rescue! And more about that IIIg
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 14:35:19 -0400

> Guy Bennett <guy.bennett@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>
>>i don't mean to sound snide, but the iiig is a nearly 40-year-old
> camera and thus it doesn't seem all that surprising that it might
> 'fail' during a shoot.
>
>>what i do find surprising is that a professional photographer would
> be using such old cameras for assignments.
>
> Doug Richardson wrote:
>
> Hell, my IIIg isn’t old - like fine brandy it’s just matured a little!
> Now my Contax II was built before my dad met my mum - that's old
> <grin>>

 Doug and Guy,

 Go to http://www.icommag.com/june-2000/index.html for a picture that I took
 of Maryland Gov. Parris Glendening at a recent bill signing for my magazine
 with my always faithful 111G. I also had with me my 2 M2's and Nikon F3HP
 but the 111G is a total joy to use. Ironically the State photgrapher's
 Hasselblad broke at the 'decisive moment' and the State bought 50 8x12
 prints from me.

 Steve
 Annapolis

 http://www.streetphoto.net