Subject: Re: [Leica] 280mm f/2.8
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 10:57:41 -0500

>At least you weren't photographing your wife with a black cat.

Actually a black cat would have fit her personality better.  As I
said my "then" wife, now my ex, and she was a real witch - I got the
broom in the divorce settlement to prove it.

As far as flare goes, no flare in the shots.  The photo was made late
in the day light from behind no reflections coming into the lens and
both lenses had the full hoods in place.  As I said I have used all
three 300's, the Nikon, Canon, and Leica...all current models as of
1990 when the test was done, although at the time I only had access
to a Nikon 300 which was mine, and the rented Leica.

Personally I prefer the Canon long glass over the Nikon.  I think it
looks much better than the Nikons but have done no side by side tests
on those two lenses.
- --
Harrison McClary
http://www.mcclary.net