Subject: [Leica] M3 and 50 'cron = great slides
From: "Hugh Thompson" <painfree@istar.ca>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2000 02:39:08 -0400

Martin (Howard) - thanks for your comment - yes I am enjoying the
combination of M3 and 'cron.  I can see however, how people can easily get
frustrated with a fully manual camera, there are so many things to do, so
much that can go wrong!  At the very least, with my other cameras, I have
had an in-camera meter, as a guide - but am loving making mistakes because
each one brings some progress.  Last week I shot my first roll of slide
film. I was completely amazed by the quality of the image, I am sold!
Until I can afford to get a slide projector, is there an inexpensive way of
viewing slides.  I have heard about a small, battery operated, personal
viewer - are there any preferences?

Am I correct, with slides the meter should be set to give a half stop under
exposure, is this so?

Thanks for input - Hugh Thompson