Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica initial quality story
From: Brougham <brougham3@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 18:46:20 -0700 (PDT)

> A camera that can't take one 747 flight without developing shutter
> bounce is, pardon my whatever, a piece of crap.

My sentiments, exactly.  Ok, it's mechanical, and all mechanical
things can fail.  But couple this with being told that it will take 6
weeks to correct the problem under warranty?  3 weeks is RUSH?

I paid dang close to $4k for an M6 and 35 lens.  I'm gonna be royally
pissed if it develops a problem under warranty, and it's out of my
hands for over a week.  When I'm paying that kind of money, I expect
top notch service.  At the very least, if repairs take 6 weeks, I
should have a loaner fedex'd to me overnight.