Subject: R: [Leica] Leica initial quality story
From: "Pier Paolo Miniussi" <p.paolo@hitech.it>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 18:48:07 +0200

I agree with Austin, even if I'm afraid writing to Leica isn't very useful.

As a matter of fact, I bought my first Leica last XMAS (a brand new official
R8, for which Leica's Italian distributor Polyphoto, supplied 5 years
guarantee), I immediately rushed home but to my great disappointment the
camera didn't even turn on: every thing was completely dead.

I returned to the shop (Turin's largest photo Store) and there was no way to
get any signal from the camera, (obviously we tried quite a few new
batteries).

The shop asked Polyphoto a new camera, but after three weeks there was no
camera in sight, so I wrote a fax to Leica in Solms and to Polyphoto asking
how much longer I would have had to wait (by the way, Polyphoto is less than
2 hours drive from my City): nobody even bothered to answer me.

Two days later I got the new camera (taht works perfectly): so for what I
saw: no Quality Control and no Customer Care.

Cheers.

Pier Paolo Miniussi
p.paolo@hitech.it