Subject: Re: [Leica] Age Poll
From: Jeff S <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 10:17:45 -0600

38, bought my first Leica M when I was about 27. That's also about when
I began to haul my gear around much more and began counting grams.

The R8 and Nikon F100 (Pentax ZX-5n?) that I'm looking over today aren't
that much different from the Minolta XD-11 I really wanted in the '70s.
These days I don't get too excited about whether the shutter is cloth or
metal or whether the meter cell is gallium arsenide or silicon but I do
care that it all comes together as a package that really works well and
I pay a lot more attention to the human engineering aspects--so easy to
design a lot of features into a camera but so much trickier to make them
all seem natural and obvious--it's ironic that many automated cameras
need very thick instruction books!

Jeff Segawa
no archive

Replies: Reply from "RP Johnson" <rpjohnson2@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Age Poll)