Subject: Re: [Leica] M Polarizer
From: Robinsnes@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2000 15:05:01 EDT

I have had one for many years. The polarizer is kept in an old case from a
teleconverter until it is needed. When attached to the lens, it can be left
in front of the lens as the polarizer has its own shade. You probably
couldn't burn a hole through the curtain unless you left it in the sun with
the lens pointed up. If it is a concern, carry the camera so the lens points
down or so it is not consistently in one place so that the suns rays can
focus and create a burn hole.
I have never thought that this was a fast shot thing. I tend to be slow and
deliberate in my shooting and judging the amount of polarization is just
another slow thing with an M camera. BTW, good use of a polarizer takes some
investment in the image.

Roger Skully
robinsnestphotography.com

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] M Polarizer)