Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:Nachtwey
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 09:43:44 -0500

>  > Ted, read the book "On the Beach"  that is about the only thing,
>>  IMHO, that will turn the world against war, of course by the time it
>>  goes that far it will be too late....
>>  --
>>  Harrison McClary
>
>Hi Harrison,
>
>Is that the one by Nevil Shute? Read it as a kid - loved it and haven't seen
>it since.
>
>Julian

I believe he is the author.  I have not read it since high school.
There was a good Australian re-make of the movie on TMC a few weeks
ago based on the book.  Guess that is why I was thinking of it.

The aussies really did a bang up job on the film, updating the
technology in the story to today's levels while staying true to the
story line.
- --
Harrison McClary
http://www.mcclary.net