Subject: [Leica] M6's in Penang
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 08:27:21 +1000

G'day all,

I've not been able to keep up with the gossip much, but I see you have all
been having fun. I have a request.

A friend of mine (leica user Z2X) is a keen astro photographer. He uses a
scanner Hewlard Parkard photosmart, and is not very happy with the
software. Does anyone have or know of software which will scan his negs
better or even something which like ICE reduces scratches etc. If any of
you kind souls has advice, please mail him direct

nwalters@bigpond.com

and we may yet turn him into a lugger.

For me, I'll be reporting back from Penang in a week or so's time. My
holiday has been dominated by "renovation", with a major disaster on the
studio floor averted early this week, and potential disaster with the
darkroom cupboards avoided only yesterday. I'm just happy to leave Helen to
finish it off, while I do some quite work in Penang -- and carrying the 2x
M6's with 21, 35, 50DR, and 135.

Here's hoping there are a few Leica moments,,

Cheers

Alastair Firkin