Subject: re: [Leica] Highly technical lens cap question
From: "Michael Darnton" <mdarnton@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 05:58:25 PDT

If your cap is similar to the plastic one for my older Summicron, it has
four raised ridges on the perimeter, inside, which are what actually grab
the lens. After I got tired of that cap falling off I held a small nail with
a pliers, heated the nail, and dragged a couple of tracks down on either
side of each of the four ridges. This cut small grooves, and raised a wake
of plastic on each side of each groove, making more little gripper fingers
to hold the end of the lens. So far it's working well--almost too well--and
I'm glad I resisted the temptation to go all around the inside of the cap
because it really didn't take much!

- --Michael