Subject: RE: [Leica] Week 11 (better late than never, maybe)
From: BOB KRAMER <BobKramer@COOPERCARRY.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 15:07:55 -0400

	[BOB KRAMER]  No polarization filter.  I did have a UV filter on the
lens, but only because the damn thing was stuck on and I couldn't get it
off.  Several years later, with the help of a pair of channel lock pliers
and a bottle of tequila, I *finally* got the  filter off!  I do remember
that photo, after all these years, because it was one of the few color
slides I ever took with that lens that had any color saturation at all.  The
50mm Elmar was probably one of the lenses that sent photojournalists running
to Nikon in droves back in the 50's (it did send me running to Nikon in the
late 80's)!

	The light down in the Yucatan is really quite intense.  Bright,
bright, bright!  But it is a wonderful place to visit and photograph.  A lot
cheaper than Florida, incredible snorkeling in the clearest water you've
ever seen, and the Mayan ruins are truly amazing.  If it wasn't for those
horribly huge spiders it would be darn close to heaven!

	Bob Kramer
	Atlanta, GA