Subject: Re: [Leica] Film - freeze or cool?
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 10:16:48 -0700

HA! Sorry about the loss of your wife's Coke!
I have found that with bottled developer, that a whisper of the anti-dust
gas- usually a tri-fluoromethane or other high molecular weight gas will
displace any oxygen, unless you shake the bottle, and forms a sort of
floating gas cover over the liquid. I have kept D-76, when I replenished,
and mixed the developer each in one gallon batches, for months with no
deleterious effect. I just 'Whooshed' a bit of gas into the developer, and
the replenisher, both, whenever I did film, and it kept quite well. Give
that a try!
Also, cooling some developers down too much will cause crystalization as
some of the solutions are near saturation, even at room temerature.
Dan ( Heck, the freezer needed cleaning, anyway!) Post