Subject: RE: [Leica] Re:Nachtwey
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 06:34:24 -0700

Fair enough, Arthur.  I agree with you that his photos are disturbing in
ways the others' aren't.  Mistrust of the artist because his message is too
powerful?  It seems to me that it would be impossible for someone to produce
images of such impact if they were not passionately and honestly connected
with their message.  If they wew not, I'd think the message would be diluted
because the artist's dissembling (at some level) would disturb the coherence
of their vision.

As far as the second coming goes, I don't think there was a first one, so at
least for me JN is spared that added burden.  I'm content to know that there
is someone out there who can take such uniquely powerful images, and survive
the process.  Now if he used Leicas, maybe he'd be the second coming.  As it
is, he can only be Canonized...

Paul Chefurka