Subject: [Leica] Leicaholics Anonymous
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 17:40:32 +1200

Ted wrote:

>I thought of that one time,  put an auto focus Canon in along side the R
>to see what would happen. When I looked in the morning the Leica had
>turned it's back on the Nikon! ;-)

Thanks for the heads-up, Ted. I just turned around and noticed my M3
has turned its back on the Nikon F! The mind boggles what it would
look like if they decided to have progeny! Given the photos of the
paparazzi i've seen recently, empirical evidence suggests Nikon's and
Canon's don't have any trouble breeding. I guess i'd better keep the
F elsewhere. Also, i've recently had some suspicions that the
Rolleicord might be hampering the Amoré for a while. I wonder what's
up? I might have to investigate this privacy aspect a little more.
Any tips on the Rolleicord? I gotta admit though, i wouldn't mind
seeing the Rollei and the Leica breed if they want to as well.

Dan P wrote:
>Whether LTMs are too old to breed, I cannot say, but
>MINE are seemingly robust, fit and virile as ever.

I agree with the coat-hanger premise, Dan. Maybe it is just a little
darkness they need, i'll be sure to not put a Noctilux in there, just
in case they don't want to be observed. I know the subject line
suggests our horrible plight, but the more i think about Pandas
breeding in zoos, the more i think the corollary of all of this is
that a zoo suggests a menagerie of different animals to help enable a
successful breeding programme. Perhaps the true secret of Leica
breeding is to just buy more Leica's, or at least give them the
impression that you've bought more Leica's? I've got to admit, my
collection of accessories has had no such breeding problems.

On Richard's suggestion, I'm going to put a couple of bits and pieces
with the socks tonight and see what happens.

All the best to all,
Gary

Happy Anniversary Henning!
- --

Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first woman she
meets and then teams up with three complete strangers to kill again.

- - - TV listing for _The Wizard of Oz_

Gary Elshaw
Post-Grad Student
Victoria University