Subject: [Leica] black M6 top plates bubbling like crazy
From: brice777@yahoo.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 13:29:39 +0800

I have two black M6's and both top plates are corroding as manifested by
tiny bubbles popping up (although not bursting) all over the place.

Is it ironic that it gets worse every time i visit a tropical country?
Additionally, on the trips I've made, I've visited a sulfur mine, where
there was a tremendous amount of exposure to volcanic sulfur fumes... is
this a possible culpurit?

Any ideas what might be causing this? Any ideas how to stop the bubbling?

Leica USA was stumped and blamed the humidity....

thanks,
Justin