Subject: Re: [Leica] Extra Flashes on SF-20
From: "Leslie Koh" <lesliek@oriental.com.hk>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 10:35:11 +0800

> Saturday for the first time I put a couple batteries in my brand new
> SF20 flash and put the flash on a one month old M6TTL.  About every
> tenth test flash it flashed a second time when winding/cocking the
> shutter -- about when the wind lever was nearing the end of its arc.

I've had a similar problem happen with my SF20/M6 TTL with the flash going
off when winding on.  However, I'm inclined to believe that its the fault of
the camera as I don't have the same problem happening with my other M6 TTL
and R8.  Troubleshooting is made even more difficult as the problem appears
to be intermittent and 'seems' to be solved by switching off both the camera
and flash and turning both back on - sorta like restarting your computer.
Making sure both camera and flash are in their respective 'OFF' positions
before mounting the flash onto the camera also helps and is good practice.
Having said all that, I would suggest sending the camera to Leica for a
checkup if you can afford to part with it for an indefinite amount of time.
Do keep us informed should you find the cause of the problem.

Message from John Coan <jcoan@alumni.duke.edu> ([Leica] Extra Flashes on SF-20)