Subject: Re: [Leica] newspaper bylines
From: Wilber Jeffcoat <jeffcoatphoto@sumter.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 17:35:43 -0400

What it is, is they don't want to give you any free advertising. Fed. Copy
right law says that they must acknowledge the copyright holder. In North
Carolina a photographer sued and won as they refused to publish his copyright
notice with the bridals he did. Now all of the papers request a copyright
release for one time printing rights of a brides portrait or they refuse to use
the image. With this attitude they make us look like the bad guys. It all boils
down to them having something to sell (space) and they don't want it to go for
free, not even for three words. If you don't think I'm right offer to pay for
the name to be there and see how fast they jump on it.
cheers Wilber