Subject: Re: [Leica] Sally Mann now Larry Clark
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 13:53:02 -0600

Larry Clark's work, featured in a long ago American Photographer, blew me
away with its power and beauty. I particularly liked the answer he gave when
asked how his parents felt about his success: "They asked me to change my
name." He used M2s, as he could never get M4s loaded correctly, and this was
the first time I saw the Leica Ms being used in that intimate manner that
seems to be peculiar to rangefinder cameras. You and the photographer are
right there in the photograph with the subjects. Amazing and disturbing at
the same time.

John Collier